Blogs Gone Wild  

Posted by Matthew in


I moved desks at work this week. I sit next to my friend Mike now as well as our EP Sarah. I get to sit by the window and further from my boss . I'll take that as a small sign that I'm moving up in the world. They didn't tell us we had a half day at work till Thursday afternoon so I had to buy an expensive ticket home that was later in the day. I got to the airport a few hours early and decided to go to the overpriced sports bar there. An older black man from Mississippi named Bill ( He pronounced it " Beal ") sat next to me and started talking to me about how he was flying home for his sister's funeral . She died of cancer of the liver. "Beal" told me if you want to make God laugh , tell him your plans. I stepped up the pace on drinking my beer as I got kind of weary of talking to Beal. I shook his hand , told him again that I was sorry for his loss, grabbed my bag and headed toward my gate.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Archives