A Mid Summer's Update  

Posted by Matthew


It's funny how I just got use to writing "2009" as the year about a week ago and here we are heading towards August. Coincidentally a slew of people in my life have been talking about how time goes by faster as you get older. That sentiment gets thrown around a lot but I just happen to be within ear shot of it a bunch lately. Strange. Maybe I am just more receptive to it than I was before . It definitely feels like the year is gently sliding by. it's not good or bad; it just is I guess.


I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish this year a little after New Years. I wrote it on a post-it and now it is lost among the crap on my desk. Definitely time to do a little room clean-up and scavenge for that thing. It's hard to make sure you are taking the necessary steps towards your goals if you can't find the post-it you wrote them on. I don't think I am doing that well in terms of meeting all the things I wrote down but I can't complain. This year has been good to me. 

I also made a delicious roasted butternut squash soup last week. That's what that picture is. Soup.  Everyone loved it. I want to open up a soup and sandwich stand at the farmer's market across the street from me.

My friend Josh put some tracks together for some work stuff I had and I really dig one of the tracks he gave me called For Withered Friends/ Featuring Michael Johnson by Daedalus. He has good taste. Check the Link below.



1 comments

we waited 2 weeks for you to post about butternut squash? I'm deleting this page in my bookmarks folder. All i want to read about is your hot bod!

Lisa Urbanic

Post a Comment

Archives