Long Time Ya' Old Salt  

Posted by Matthew in , ,


Hi everyone! It has been a little while since I have posted but I hope you have all been well. I had an interesting night last night as I had my first "Show and Tell". I know what you are thinking " That sounds like some random kinky shit". But alas it was good old fashioned fun like in grade school where you bring in items and talk about what it means to you. You are probably asking yourself why the hell anyone would have a "Show and Tell". I wasn't quite clear at first but started to understand that my friend Nina who put it together meant it to be a really nice way to bring people together in a new setting. I had never done one before so I was a bit nervous especially since it was in a group of people that I didn't know. Actually no one really knew each other so this was a bit of a new thing for everyone. 


There were some amazing stories along with many personal ones. I was really caught off guard by how open people were being with their emotions. In a room full of complete strangers; people talked about their drug addicted Father's, sick Grandma's, touring with Paul Simon, giant eagle feathers that the lead singer of the Scissor Sister's had in his back pocket, dating Miles Davis and an assortment of personal subjects. The openness of everyone and the support everyone had for each other despite being pretty much in the presence of people who were complete strangers just a few minutes ago made for a pretty surreal and amazing night. 

There was an instant rapport with everyone in the room. It was refreshing for everyone to do something like this especially in a city like LA where people constantly have up walls and fake facades. This was like speed friending; Cutting through the small talk and making an instant connection.  My friend Nina definitely succeeded in her mission as I think everyone left with a few new friends or at least acquaintances. I really look forward to the next one.

Anyways that story about last night has nothing to do with these awesome videos of a bunch of old dudes sitting around a coffee shop talking shit about indie music. It is one of the best things I have ever seen in my entire human life.





1 comments

That *was* a great party and very unique. These videos = pure awesomeness.

Post a Comment

Archives