Dreaming the Impossible Dream  

Posted by Matthew in ,



I've been having violent dreams lately. In one instance I was in what seemed to be a high school bathroom. I am not sure how I got there but I think I was chased in there. There was a larger black woman in the bathroom with me. She urged me to find a way out of there. I busted open a tiny window already knowing that the large woman would not fit through. I am not sure why I did this. She told me she was not going to fit in that window and pointed to a much bigger window right next to it that I neglected to see first. Not sure why I didn’t see it. I busted that one open and we both climbed through to the outside.

There was some sort of post-apocalyptic scene going on when we finally got through the window. It reminded me of the movie “Children of Men” . Lots of troop-looking people milling around with weapons and some guy with a megaphone yelling things. I wondered why we couldn’t have just stayed in the bathroom because our situation had only gotten worse by escaping. I am not sure what happened next but I believe we stole the car of an unsuspecting officer and started jamming down the road away from the area.

Flash forward a bit. I am not sure what happened to the black woman or the car we stole but suddenly I was being confronted by an old man. He wasn’t a very, very old man or crippled looking. More like a Clint Eastwood type guy. Steely looking, ready to tell you to stop messing around on his Gran Torino. I remember he started getting up close in my face , trying intimidate me. I didn’t flinch. I stuck my face closer to his to show him I wasn’t scared. I then bit his jaw off. I am not sure how I did it. But I opened my mouth and bit the hell out of the guy’s face. The next thing I knew I was spitting the lower half of his damn face on the ground. I don’t know why I did it but the guy was as shocked as I was at what just happened. I know this is probably a little disturbing but this is what happened.

I don’t know what it all means. Frustration...Anxiety...whatever happens to trigger weird dreams like this can’t be healthy right? I like the dreams where I am flying or doing something cool. Not biting people’s faces off. Hopefully I’ll start having dreams like that again soon.

Oh yeah my buddy Chris sent me this new Yeasayer single. I like it. Is it bad that it reminded me of Panic at the Disco?


0 comments

Post a Comment

Archives