Shabu Shabu Sundays  

Posted by Matthew



 *Play the track at the bottom while you read   this....

Sunday night I ate Shabu Shabu. It had been a long while since I've had it. I like interactive dinner. Cooking your food at the table right before you eat it is always fun and entertaining. It was me, Erika, Justin and Amy. Sunday Funday : Couples Edition. 

We had enjoyable conversations while cooking our meats and drinking large Sapporos. The steam from both pots  wafted towards me giving me a nice old steam clean. I think my pores got a nice lil' treat. Peter the waiter forgot about us and started closing while we sat there waiting for our check. It was kind of weird because no one else was in there and they had flipped over the Open/Closed sign on the entrance door.

After dinner we all agreed that it was still pretty early and that we should pop into the karaoke bar down the street for "just one song". It was actually pretty nostalgic as this is the same karaoke bar Erika and I had our first date at.  Please note that Neil Diamond is the ultimate aphrodisiac. 

Justin started with some "Man in the Mirror" which got the attention of the regulars sitting at the bar. He brought it down with a lil scatting ala MJ style. The mood was set after that and of course "just one song" became more like 20 songs. 

It was the best Sunday in recent history and I hope to have many more like it.



0 comments

Post a Comment

Archives