Thirsty Thursday  

Posted by Matthew in ,

Happy Thursday everyone! I woke up feeling especially good today. I had a massage last night and played in a company softball game. I had a little old asian lady stomp and tear my back apart for an hour and then attempted to muster up some strength and play softball. I guess it's a bit counterintuitive to get a massage then try to rev up and play competitive sports shortly after but I had promised to play. It was annoying that the other team was taking walks, which is despicable in my book. I think maybe a movie and some wine would have been a bit more in tune but oh well.


This music video is for the song "Abandon" off the French Kick's last album "Swimming". This was one of my favorite albums of the year. I can still listen to it front to back like it was brand new to me. It's perfect for lazy summer days and nice drives on non-traffic filled days.


So I am not sure what to think of this video. I do like it but it seems at times like a little bit too much of a friend love fest i.e the individual segments with the lip synching large black guy and the random mega crying chick. The colored balls and balloons coming down the stairs are reminiscent of the Sony Bravia commercial with the Jose Gonzalez 'Heartbeats" track on it. Which is a nicely matched visual for a track like this. I like the hula hooping girl. Something oddly mesmerizing about watching someone hula hoop especially with that nice soft lighting and colored streamers everywhere. She is attractive too so that helps.


So you may not love the video but the song is great and the rest of the album is too. Check out the track "Over the World" from the same album. It is an amazing song as well.


0 comments

Post a Comment

Archives