It's like Monday without Most of the Dread  

Posted by Matthew


Yesterday was nice. I had the day off which meant a longer weekend and in turn a shorter work week to come.  I fell asleep on Sunday as the rain started coming down which only made me happier although when it starts to rain really hard the drain pipe outside my room sounds like someone is blasting my window with a garden hose. Luckily I fell asleep before that started happening with a comforting feeling of knowing that I would get to sleep in the next morning.


As you may have already known I am a huge Bon Iver fan. "For Emma, Forever Ago" was by far my favorite album of last year and his new EP "Blood Bank" is also pretty darn amazing ( though still not completely sold on his a cappella crazy auto-tuned track "Woods"). Just when you thought the amazing-ness was over until his new full length comes out he comes back with a new song written for the compilation Dark Was The Night which benefits HIV/AIDS causes. 

The song starts with a bass line reminiscent of his tracks "Team" or the "Creature Fear" at once catchy and head nod inducing. Lyrically he is back to doing what he does best with his talent to create an intimate and familiar setting with the listener, bringing us all into his world. The bass line gives way to choirs of soaring vocals and the sparse down strokes of an acoustic guitar creating an at once mellow but uplifting ending to this great track. He really really loves Wisconsin a whole bunch. Enjoy! Download it below!!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Archives